Home Care is a vital link from the patient to the medical provider. As an alternative to traditional hospital care, home care provides services to patients in their homes. In addition to providing a full range of services, home care also teaches patients and their families what they need to know to help them care for a family member.
Services may be covered by Medicare, private insurance, private pay, or Department of Social Services contracting.
Our registered nurses are experienced and trained in current medical and nursing techniques. Some of these services include:
- IV antibiotic therapy/hydration
- Venipuncture for laboratory work
- Central venous catheter care
- PICC care
- Foley catheter care and irrigation
- Medication Management
- Health education
- IV or NG nutritional support
- Wound care, dressing changes
- Injection of medications
- Post-operative care
- Diabetic teaching
- Case management
Madison Regional Health System home health aide services include:
- Activities of daily living including bathing, grooming, and exercising
- Homemaker services include light housekeeping, meal preparation, and errand running
- Rehabilitation services including Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
Home Care services are available 24 hours per day. Regular office hours are from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday. For more information, call 605-256-8590.